Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Raw Vegan

I have been thinking about becoming a Raw Vegan.. I'm already a vegetarian and have been for about 5 going on 6 years, it was def. a big change but i'm glad i did it..  everyone always ask me "how did you do it?", i'm like it's really not that hard.. my twin and my mom who i live with eats meat still and it urks my nerves every time she cooks meat especially when she thaws it out in the microwave, the smell makes me sick to my stomach so she has to use incense (yeah it's that bad). my friends think i'm weird though, i already don't drink pop (some call it soda but i'm from buffalo & we call it pop) lol. simply because it isn't healthy & i'm not a fan of sugar, my teeth are very sensitive so me & sugar don't really get along that much, not saying i don't eat candy i do here and there but not often. i haven't had pop in about 6 years as well.  i drink mostly water, in one of my facts i had previously on my award post i explained that i think i'm addicted to water. I'm constantly always drinking something, either water or V8 Juice. maybe i am a weirdo ;-) hahaha but anywho.....

Raw veganism is a diet which combines veganism and raw foodism. It excludes all food of animal origin, and all food cooked above 48 degrees Celsius (118 degrees Fahrenheit). A raw vegan diet includes raw vegetables and fruits, nuts and nut pastes, grain and legume sprouts, seeds, plant oils, sea vegetables, herbs, and fresh juices. There are many different versions of the diet, including fruitarianism, juicearianism, and sproutarianism. Sometimes the definition of a raw vegan diet is loosened to include vegan diets with at least 75% raw foods.

8 comments:

  Anonymous (November 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM)

wow your real good and have some serious self control. was it by choice or for like a diet or something? i remember i tried the vegetearian thing and lasted about 2 months then broke it eating wendys hbwahah! i can't do it man. i love meat too much lol. but whatever works for you :] and no pop! WHAT! im really tryna cut back actually i have cut bacxk alot i chose iced tea now over anything.. water is my last option honestly LOL! but im tryna get hea;thy man its hard for me! some people it comes natural. but straight vegan? ur half way there might as well go the rest haha whatever you choose to do good luck :)

  CompulsoryStyle (November 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM)

lol!! everyone says that.. my friends be like "wtf" hahaha.. but i don't know when i was in highschool i just decided i wanted to be a vegetarian and it was that simply (for me anyways). i was always a picky eater though i still am now.. girl yes no pop, my behind stay drinking water or v8 lol. and you got me dying laughing "water is my last option", you sound like my twin sis she is the total opposite of me, she will eat meat and drink pop in a quickness!!! LMAO! but i think i'm going to do it.

  Her. (November 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM)

aww I didn 't know you were a vegetarian . I am also ! && I didn 't know you were from Buffalo either . Man I can really relate to youu . haha
Id love to go vegan too . But I actually want to wait til im older .



&& pssst .
[ people think im weird for how I am too ]

  CompulsoryStyle (November 19, 2009 at 11:04 PM)

Damn we do have a lot in common & your from buffalo too? thats crazy!!!!! but yeah we should become vegan's!!!!!!!!! i really want to just don't know when.

  Her. (November 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM)

same hereeee . && yes im from lame ass B-lo haha .
That means we most likely know some of the same people haha . Thats how it always goes .

  CompulsoryStyle (November 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM)

We def. HAVE to know the same ppl.. smdh. this piece of shxt we call buffalo..

  Anonymous (November 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM)

wow. you are a very strong and have a good heart. its unbelievable and you don't know the change that makes on the world. one of my philosophy teachers taught me about this, my favorite is fruitarianism!

  CompulsoryStyle (November 20, 2009 at 5:59 PM)

yeah i abs. love, love, love fruit so that would be so easy!!! but thanks liz! i like the whole raw vegan thing so i just decided to do it. =)

My Awards